Greetings HeroClix Fans!
For today’s DC HeroClix: Streets of Gotham preview we visit a villain whose criminal activity is influenced by the calendar and the days of the week! Please welcome Calendar Man, doing the things a calendar can!
As one of Batman’s more ridiculous villains, Calendar Man is a unique, as designated by the silver background on his character card and the silver ring on the base of his dial. Meanwhile, the Batman Enemy team ability allows Calendar Man to grab higher combat values from other allies using the same team ability.
Calendar Man starts with a full dial of Mastermind as he transfers damage dealt to him onto an adjacent friendly character and makes every day count during his current crime spree.
In his speed slot, Calendar Man has a full dial of a special power, Odd Days… and Even, which allows him to use Stealth. Odd Days… and Even has additional effects that trigger based on whether the game is played on an even- or odd-numbered day of the month:
- When the game begins on a day with an even-numbered day of the month, give Calendar Man a power action and halve the speed value and range value of a target opposing character until the beginning of your next turn.
- When the game begins on a day with an odd-numbered day of the month, give Calendar Man a power action and up to three friendly characters adjacent to him can use Phasing/Teleport until the beginning of your next turn.
Calendar Man has a range of 4 and one target for his ranged attacks. On the first three clicks of Calendar Man’s attack slot is another special power, Weekend Warriors, which allows him to use Energy Explosion. Weekend Warriors has other effects that activate depending on the day of the week:
- When the game begins on a Monday through Thursday, Calendar Man can use Outwit. When Calendar Man counters an ability, he counters that ability on all opposing characters.
- When the game begins on a Friday through Sunday, modify the attack values of friendly characters adjacent to Calendar Man by +1.
Finally, on Calendar Man’s first two clicks of his damage slot is a special power, Celebrating Holidays with a Bang, which allows Calendar Man to use Probability Control. Like the other two special powers, Celebrating Holidays with a Bang, had additional effects. In the case of this power, it changes according to the seasons of the year. With Celebrating Holidays with a Bang, give Calendar Man a power action and roll a d6:
- When the battle begins during the winter or spring, on a result of 5-6 give an action token to an opposing character within 10 squares and adjacent to or holding an object.
- When the battle begins during the summer or fall, on a result of 5-6, deal 1 penetrating damage to an opposing character within 10 squares and adjacent to or holding an object.
At 52 points, Calendar Man can be used on an Arkham Asylum theme team or any team where you feel the calendar has aligned in your favor! Calendar Man’s low point value also leaves plenty of room for other characters with the Batman Enemy team ability.
Thanks for reading! Please join us next time as we reveal more secrets from the DC HeroClix: Streets of Gotham set!