Are you ready to put your skills to the test?! Starting tonight (Tuesday, May 17) at 6 p.m. EST we will be holding hourly tournaments ‘till midnight EST. Challenge opponents while helping the devs test and you can score a White Lantern!
Our first HCO Tournament Testing Challenge will run hourly between 6 p.m. tonight and 12 a.m. EST May 18 and will consist of a variety of opponents, rounds and point costs. Submit a thorough report on your tournament experience to the dev team at firstname.lastname@example.org and you’re automatically entered to win a White Lantern! Winners will be announced on Thursday, May 19th!
To participate, simply jump in game and join a tournament between 6 p.m. and 12 a.m. EST and be sure to check out tournament details below.
Your report should include the following information to be considered:
- Your In-game User Name
- Tournament You Participated In (date/time including time zone and format)
- Detailed Issue Reporting – Tell us about your experience by answering the following six questions. Please feel free to include any additional information on your experience:
- Were you able to sign up to play in a Tournament?
- When it was time for you to join your tournament match, how would you rate the ease of use of joining the match? (1-5 with 1 being very difficult and 5 being very hard.)
- How would you rate the ease of use of the entire tournament system? (1-5 with 1 being very difficult and 5 being very hard)
- Did you see the standings between rounds and, if so, were they correct?
- If you were in line to win a prize, did you receive the correct prize?
- Name the one thing you would change about the tournaments you have experienced
Submit your report within 24 hours of playing in the tournament to email@example.com with the subject “HCO Testing Report.” Two winners will be randomly selected from all who participate and submit a full report. Each tournament and report you submit will qualify you for an additional entry. Winners will be announced Thursday, May 27.
In-game prizes will be rewarded for tournaments, however as a reminder any prizes earned in the tournament are only for test purposes as HCO is still in Beta.
To sign up for a tournament:
1) Sign up during the set sign up time, pay the entry fee (and provide a valid force for Constructed tournaments). If the tournament is already full, you won’t be able to sign up.
2) Be logged in and accept the invite when the first round starts (or in the case of a Sealed tournament, the force-building round).
3) Join the match that starts.
Can I sign up for a tournament at any time and come back?
Yes, you can sign up at anytime and come back to start the tournament.
Do I need to be logged in when the tournament starts?
Yes, you must be online when the tournament begins or you will automatically lose your match.